Thursday, February 12, 2009

Working with kids

I believe I might just have found my calling in life. I received a job working with kids at Roosevelt Elementary school. I work with third and fourth graders who are struggling in school and need help tryin to improve their knowledge. Most of these kids come from lower income families; where they dont have the technology or help in their homes to overcome a lot of obstacles that some children can at their age. When I do different activities with them I try and make them feel as comfortable as possible because sometimes the smallest thing can make them feel depressed. This is usually my enjoyable part of the day because I love making these kids happy and I want to see them succeed and get every opportunity that any other kid has in life. I tell the kids about my personal experience that I had to go through in life and watch changes I've made to make myself a better person. I really didnt have it rough growing up so its hard for me to relate to how they are feeling, but I know if I can help them in any way I will do my best to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment